The following tests ask a Yes/No question. If you answer yes, you score points. At the end the total number of your points decides which category you are in.
- 0 – 10 Points – High Risk
- 10 – 20 Points – Medium Risk
- 20+ Points – Low Risk
Your answers must be supported by evidence about your company.
1. The Business Premises Test (Score – 10 points)
Do you run your business from a location that isn’t your home or on site at a client’s premises?
(It doesn’t make a difference if you own the premises or someone else does).
– Address of premises
– Contract for business premises (if rented)
– Bills for business premises (eg utilities)
– Domestic address
– Clients address
2. The PII Test (Score – 2 points)
Are you obliged to have professional indemnity insurance?
– PII Policy document
– PII Premium note
– Reason why you need PII
3. The Productivity Test (Score – 10 points)
In the last two years have you had a chance to improve your income via increasing efficiency?
For example, completing a project early in order to make time to take on new work.
– Contract Clauses e.g.
o Fixed payment upon completion
o Profit is crystallised when you make a supply of services to the end client
o You can supply more staff to finish the work faster
– Copies of;
o Proposal costs
o Submitted tenders
o The letters from clients accepting offers
4. The Staff Test (Score – 35 points)
Do you employ any staff who provide in at least a quarter of your annual turnover?
To be eligible for this test, the workers must be people other than the shareholders/directors of the company, or partners in the partnership.
– Accounting records
– Information on tasks carried out
– Names & payment details of workers who carried them out